Teach the Teacher Online Course Overview
Every year we train over 2,000 doctors on our renowned 2-day Teach the Teacher Course for Doctors. We’ve used our experience to develop this popular online course. It gives you an excellent learning experience whether you use it as a stand-alone activity or as a supplement to the 2-day course. We guide you through the process of designing, delivering and evaluating the plan for a training activity.
What’s the format?
The course is split into 14 short modules meaning you can access and complete each stage when you have time available. You can choose to do it all in one intensive session. Alternatively you may prefer to work in short bursts over a number of days or even weeks. This could be during your breaks or even on the move. Once subscribed, the course index advises you how long each section is likely to take to complete. It also indicates where you will be required to spend a little time on offline to develop a training plan of your own as part of the process. This training plan may be for a real teaching activity that you expect to deliver – or it could be fictitious. It’s entirely up to you.
The entire course is likely to take you between 3 and 3.5 hours, including the offline tasks. However, you are free spend as long as you wish, re-watching the videos, revisiting sections or spending longer on developing your planning exercise in detail. Your subscription gives you 120 days of unlimited access the materials. So you can choose the approach that works best for your situation and requirements.
At the end of the course we ask you to complete a reflective learning statement. When you submit this to us, we send you a certificate of completion which is accredited for 3 CPD points. We forward our certificate within 10 working days of receiving your reflective learning statement. If you require your certificate more urgently for any reason then please contact us and we will make appropriate arrangements for you.
Click the “Additional information” tab on this page for a full list of contents.
How do I access this distance learning material?
As soon as you complete your purchase you receive an automated email with a link to access the course. Once logged in you can access the course at any time from the link in your email or via the ‘My Account’ section of our website.
Your subscription gives you 120 days of unlimited access to the online course materials commencing from the date of purchase.
Would you like some help to choose the correct product?
Choose one of our Online Career Development Bundles to expand the breadth of your learning experience and save you money over purchasing courses separately. For example:
- Online Career Development Bundle 2 combines Teach the Teacher Online with the Online Medical Leadership & Management Course or
- Online Career Development Bundle 5 which adds both the Advancing Patient Communication and Medical Team Communication Skills Online Courses to the above package to help you with the difficult conversations that are needed to get things done.
Click here to see our full range of online course bundles.
Other courses in our Medical Teaching Skills range include:
- Teach the Teacher Course for Doctors. Our renowned 2-day course, attended by over 1,000 doctors each year. Explore adult educational theory, 1-2-1 teaching, small group teaching and large group teaching. 12 CPD points.
- Advanced Teach the Teacher: Mentoring Skills for Doctors. Focus on your 1-to-1 teaching. Our 1-day workshop is for doctors who already have some teaching experience. 6 CPD points.
- Teaching Skills for Doctors from the bookstore section of our website.