These are the terms and conditions on which we supply our services and products to you, whether these are goods, services or digital content. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us as they apply to all courses and products you purchase from us.
Information about us
This site is operated by Oxford Medical Training Ltd. You can contact Oxford Medical Training
- By email: email@example.com
- By telephone: 0131 526 3700
- By post: Oxford Medical Training, Thornhill House, 39 Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
Oxford Medical Training Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number 09889039. Registered office: Prince Albert House, King Street, Maidenhead, SL6 1DT, UK.
Oxford Medical Training Ltd is a VAT registered company. VAT number 228 7424 93.
Our customer services department is open from 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday excluding public holidays and 08:30 to 12:00 on Saturdays. Outside these hours we operate an out-of-hours telephone service to respond to urgent enquiries. You can contact us at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to these terms
This is the most recent version of our Terms and Conditions and was last updated on 30 July 2019. Historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
Our contract with you
When you sign and submit an order for a product and/or services to us, this does not mean we have accepted your order. Our acceptance of the order will take place when we issue you with a written confirmation email at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
We make every effort to ensure that details about our products and services and any other information on our website or other promotional material are up to date. However, where information is incorrect or is subject to change, we reserve the right to withdraw or substitute the product or service and to cancel any outstanding orders or bookings with notice to you.
Cancellations, transfers and refunds
Summary of Course Cancellation Policy
You should inform us as soon as you can if you think you are unable to attend a course. We understand that plans can change and we will always try our hardest to accommodate your request. To make booking easy we offer a 48-hour guarantee. If your plans change within 48 hours of booking and your course is more than 4 weeks away you can receive a full refund or transfer to another course at no charge.
- You can transfer to another course at any time up to 4 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course (subject to availability) at no charge.
- You can cancel any time up to 4 weeks before your course and receive a full refund minus a £50 administration fee.
- Partial refunds are available right up to 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course.
- If you are unable to attend a course due to illness and providing you notify us in advance, we will offer you a full or partial refund or transfer to another course depending on the individual circumstances.
- You can transfer your booking to a colleague at any time up to 24 hours before the start of the course. We charge a £50 administration fee for this service if you swap with less than 2 weeks’ notice.
- Online courses and downloadable books provide instant access to materials. Refunds and transfers will not normally be offered once a purchase has been completed.
- You have 7 days to return books you have purchased from us for a full refund. You need to pay for the return postage yourself.
Refunds on course cancellation
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of booking for a course starting more than 4 weeks in the future at the time of cancellation are eligible for a full refund of all course fees, with no administration fee.
- Cancellations made more than 4 weeks before the start of a scheduled course are eligible for a full refund of all course fees, minus an administration fee* of £50.
- Cancellations made less than 4 weeks but more than 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course are eligible for a full refund of all course fees less an administration fee* of £50 plus £50 per day of the scheduled course.
- Cancellations made less than 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course are not eligible for a refund.
* Administration fees
We charge an administration fee of £50 to cover the time and expense of processing your refund. If your course is less than 4 weeks away we may make an additional charge of £50 per day to cover the non-refundable fees we pay to venues for your catering and day-delegate fee.
Transferring to another course
- Requests to transfer to a different date, course or location made up to 4 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course are allowed (subject to availability) at no charge. If the course you are transferring to costs more than your original booking, you will be charged the difference. If the course you are transferring to costs less than your original booking we will refund the difference. Any refund will be subject to deduction of an administration fee of up to £50 (but never more than the value of your refund).
- Requests to transfer made less than 4 weeks but more than 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course are allowed (subject to availability) on payment of an administration fee of £50 per day of the scheduled course.
- Requests to transfer made less than 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course are not allowed.
- If you transfer your course booking to a different date, the date of the scheduled course for the purposes of a refund or further transfer will be taken as the earlier of the two course dates associated with your booking.
Illness and failure to attend a course
- Oxford Medical Training reserves the right to offer a full or partial refund or offer a transfer to another course if you are unable to attend the course due to illness; providing that:
- we receive notice of cancellation in advance and
- you are able to produce, on request, a valid medical certificate from your General Practitioner stating that you are unfit for work.
- Delegates who fail to attend the course on the date booked without giving notice or who give notice after the course has started are not eligible for a refund or a transfer to another course regardless of the reason for non-attendance.
- Requests to change the name on a booking made up to 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course will be allowed at no charge.
- Requests to change the name on a booking made less than 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course will be allowed subject to payment of a £50 administration fee.
Requesting Course Cancellation
To cancel a course please telephone our customer service department on 0131 526 3700. We are open from 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday plus 08:30 to 12:00 on Saturday and operate an out-of-hours telephone service outside those hours. You may be required to leave a message
Cancellation by Oxford Medical Training
In the very unusual event that we have to cancel a course we will offer you the choice of a full refund or a free transfer to an alternative course date. We will try to give you at least 1 weeks’ notice but sometimes (for example when a course is cancelled due to bad weather) this is not possible. We recommend that you book fully refundable travel & accommodation for your course. Oxford Medical Training accepts no liability for non-refundable costs in the event that a course is cancelled. We reserve the right to cancel a course where we believe the weather conditions are so bad that it would be unreasonable to expect delegates and/or tutors to travel to the venue. If we make the decision that it is reasonable to run the course and it goes ahead as planned, failure to attend the course may result in the loss of the course fee. It is up to you to research alternative methods of transportation before a course to ensure you can attend. We reserve the right to alter any advertised course tutor (to cover for sickness or late unavailability) to enable an advertised course to run.
Online courses and electronic downloads
Subscriptions to online courses on our website give instant access to distance learning material useful for career progression and interview training. We also provide downloadable books, guides and other documents produced by Oxford Medical Training. All of these materials are controlled by copyright. Products are purchased for your sole personal use. Any copying or distribution, either physically or digitally, is prohibited without advance written permission from Oxford Medical Training. Refunds will not normally be offered once a purchase has been made. If there are problems with accessing the documents/downloads please contact our customer services department on 0131 526 3700 or email@example.com who will be able to assist or provide materials by email.
Books and guides
Books and guides ordered for delivery by post will be sent by first class post on the next working day after your purchase. If you are not entirely happy you can return the book/guide (in original condition) to us within 7 days for a full refund. Unless the book is faulty, you will need to pay the return postage.
Materials provided to course delegates
Course delegates will be provided with a book of materials and information to both support learning during the event and to act as a resource for future reference. Delegates are encouraged to make their own notes from discussions, experiences and activities to supplement this information. Every effort is made to match the content on PowerPoint slides used to the relevant course book. Any request for a copy of the PowerPoint slides by delegates will be declined as this is not included in the course fee. In rare cases where information presented on a slide is not contained in the written materials the tutor will bring this to the attention of delegates who will be encouraged to make their own notes.
You can pay for our courses and products using a credit card or PayPal on our website at any time. We accept all major credit and debit cards (except Amex). We are a PCI compliant merchant and use a third party provider (PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A) to process credit card payments. All payments are processed securely using the latest SSL encryption protocols to keep your transaction secure. We never store your credit card details. If you prefer to pay offline you can telephone our customer service department on 0131 526 3700 who will take your credit or debit payment securely over the phone.
Product price list
Please see the relevant product page to find the advertised price of our courses and products. All prices shown in GBP include VAT (Value Added Tax) at the standard UK rate unless otherwise specified. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts to ensure prices are up to date and correct, errors may occur and in this case you will be contacted with confirmation of the correct price before your order is completed.
Electronic Training products and Distance Learning materials are available on our website for immediate access and/or download following payment. Products ordered for postal delivery will normally be dispatched by second class post the next working day following your order. Pre-course material is sent by email immediately after booking with a reminder the week before the course. Automated emails can sometimes be filtered to spam so please check your spam/junk mail folder if you don’t receive confirmation of your order.
Mock interview videos
We offer all delegates on Interview courses a free mock interview which is (subject to your permission) video recorded. You will be sent a copy of your video via email 3 – 4 working days after the course. We keep a copy of your video for approximately 1 year after your course in case you need a replacement. We cannot offer any monetary refund in the event that your video is lost or is not accessible by you.
Data and privacy
If you have any concern about a course or product you have ordered from us you can contact our customer service department on 0131 526 3700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our utmost to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. We will confirm receipt of complaints received by email within 3 working days. All complaints received are investigated and a written response is normally given within 2 weeks of the date of receiving any complaint.
Every effort is made to ensure that the advice given at our courses, in course handouts and in our guides and products is correct but knowledge and best practice in this field are subject to constant change. Procedures for diagnosis, referral and treatment change as new research and clinical experience broaden our understanding. Readers are advised to check the most current advice from their professional body and should exercise their own professional judgement in the diagnosis and management of each patient. The opinions expressed in our courses and materials are not necessarily those of Oxford Medical Training. To the fullest extent of the law, Oxford Medical Training, the course tutor and the authors accept no liability for any injury, damage or loss to persons or property arising from the advice given.
If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for any direct loss or damage you suffer that is foreseeable as a result of our breach of these terms, however our total liability to you in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, shall not exceed the price paid by you for the product and/or service.
We shall not be liable to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with your use of this site and our associated products and services, or any contract between us.
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits your statutory rights or our liability in any way for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We trust you will find the information contained in our courses and materials useful. Whilst we receive regular feedback that delegates on our courses are successful in gaining new posts, we cannot guarantee your performance at medical interview and cannot guarantee success. Oxford Medical Training accepts no liability for failure to secure a post at interview or for any other consequence of you reproducing the views or facts held within our courses and materials at your interview.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
An ‘Event Outside Our Control’ means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war, natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under these terms, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you, and our obligations under these terms will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control.
Copyright and intellectual property
The medicalinterviewsuk.co.uk site, all its content, guides, books, videos, other training material and all rights associated with it are the intellectual property of Oxford Medical Training. You may not copy or reproduce any part of the website or course materials without prior written consent from us.
If you are a consumer, please note that these terms and conditions, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. If you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, these terms and conditions, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.