This page is an excerpt from our Terms and Conditions page.
Summary of Course Cancellation Policy
You should inform us as soon as you can if you think you are unable to attend a course. We understand that plans can change and we will always try our hardest to accommodate your request. To make booking easy we offer a 48-hour guarantee. If your plans change within 48 hours of booking and your course is more than 4 weeks away you can receive a full refund or transfer to another course at no charge.
- You can transfer to another course at any time up to 4 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course (subject to availability) at no charge.
- You can cancel any time up to 4 weeks before your course and receive a full refund minus a £50 administration fee.
- Partial refunds are available right up to 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course.
- If you are unable to attend a course due to illness and providing you notify us in advance, we will offer you a full or partial refund or transfer to another course depending on the individual circumstances.
- You can transfer your booking to a colleague at any time up to 24 hours before the start of the course. We charge a £50 administration fee for this service if you swap with less than 2 weeks’ notice.
- Online courses and downloadable books provide instant access to materials. Refunds and transfers will not normally be offered once a purchase has been completed.
- You have 7 days to return books you have purchased from us for a full refund. You need to pay for the return postage yourself.
Refunds on course cancellation
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of booking for a course starting more than 4 weeks in the future at the time of cancellation are eligible for a full refund of all course fees, with no administration fee.
- Cancellations made more than 4 weeks before the start of a scheduled course are eligible for a full refund of all course fees, minus an administration fee* of £50.
- Cancellations made less than 4 weeks but more than 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course are eligible for a full refund of all course fees less an administration fee* of £50 plus £50 per day of the scheduled course.
- Cancellations made less than 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course are not eligible for a refund.
* Administration fees
We charge an administration fee of £50 to cover the time and expense of processing your refund. If your course is less than 4 weeks away we may make an additional charge of £50 per day to cover the non-refundable fees we pay to venues for your catering and day-delegate fee.
Transferring to another course
- Requests to transfer to a different date, course or location made up to 4 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course are allowed (subject to availability) at no charge. If the course you are transferring to costs more than your original booking, you will be charged the difference. If the course you are transferring to costs less than your original booking we will refund the difference. Any refund will be subject to deduction of an administration fee of up to £50 (but never more than the value of your refund).
- Requests to transfer made less than 4 weeks but more than 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course are allowed (subject to availability) on payment of an administration fee of £50 per day of the scheduled course.
- Requests to transfer made less than 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course are not allowed.
- If you transfer your course booking to a different date, the date of the scheduled course for the purposes of a refund or further transfer will be taken as the earlier of the two course dates associated with your booking.
Illness and failure to attend a course
- Oxford Medical Training reserves the right to offer a full or partial refund or offer a transfer to another course if you are unable to attend the course due to illness; providing that:
- we receive notice of cancellation in advance and
- you are able to produce, on request, a valid medical certificate from your General Practitioner stating that you are unfit for work.
- Delegates who fail to attend the course on the date booked without giving notice or who give notice after the course has started are not eligible for a refund or a transfer to another course regardless of the reason for non-attendance.
- Requests to change the name on a booking made up to 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course will be allowed at no charge.
- Requests to change the name on a booking made less than 2 weeks before the start date of a scheduled course will be allowed subject to payment of a £50 administration fee.
Requesting Course Cancellation
To cancel a course please telephone our customer service department on 0131 526 3700. We are open from 08:30 to 17:00pm Monday to Friday plus 08:30am to 12:00 noon on Saturday and operate an out-of-hours telephone service outside those hours. You may be required to leave a message
Cancellation by Oxford Medical Training
In the very unusual event that we have to cancel a course we will offer you the choice of a full refund or a free transfer to an alternative course date. We will try to give you at least 1 weeks’ notice but sometimes (for example when a course is cancelled due to bad weather) this is not possible. We recommend that you book fully refundable travel & accommodation for your course. Oxford Medical Training accepts no liability for non-refundable costs in the event that a course is cancelled. We reserve the right to cancel a course where we believe the weather conditions are so bad that it would be unreasonable to expect delegates and/or tutors to travel to the venue. If we make the decision that it is reasonable to run the course and it goes ahead as planned, failure to attend the course may result in the loss of the course fee. It is up to you to research alternative methods of transportation before a course to ensure you can attend. We reserve the right to alter any advertised course tutor (to cover for sickness or late unavailability) to enable an advertised course to run.
Online courses and electronic downloads
Subscriptions to online courses on our website give instant access to distance learning material useful for career progression and interview training. We also provide downloadable books, guides and other documents produced by Oxford Medical Training. All of these materials are controlled by copyright. Products are purchased for your sole personal use. Any copying or distribution, either physically or digitally, is prohibited without advance written permission from Oxford Medical Training. Refunds will not normally be offered once a purchase has been made. If there are problems with accessing the documents/downloads please contact our customer services department on 0131 526 3700 or email@example.com who will be able to assist or provide materials by email.
Books and guides
Books and guides ordered for delivery by post will be sent by first class post on the next working day after your purchase. If you are not entirely happy you can return the book/guide (in original condition) to us within 7 days for a full refund. Unless the book is faulty, you will need to pay the return postage.