For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’), the data controller is Oxford Medical Training Ltd.
The information we collect
When you do business with us; telephone us or register with our website or purchase services and/or goods (including courses, online course subscriptions, books, free information and email notifications and/or newsletters); or enter a survey, competition or prize draw; we may collect the following personal information from you:
- name; postal address, email address and telephone number;
- details regarding your professional registration including grade and speciality
- personal details such as dietary or mobility requirements;
- financial and credit card information;
- information about your computer or other electronic device and about your visits to, and use, of this website;
- information relating to transactions carried out between you and us, on or in relation to this website; and any other information that you choose to send to us
You can visit www.medicalinterviewsuk.co.uk without registering with us, however you may be required to register or log in to view certain pages and/or information and to access some of our services.
We may request additional information from you, for example when we conduct a survey or you enter a competition. When additional information is requested, we will let you know at the time of collection how we intend to use it.
How we will use the information about you
We record contact details such as email address, address and mobile phone number to allow us to contact you about your booking. We ask for your speciality and grade to check the course you have booked is suitable for you. We will never share your contact details with third-parties not connected with processing your order without your explicit consent. We use your contact details to send you a reminder a few days before your course or before the expiry date of an online course. We may also use your email address to let you know about other courses and news we think will be of interest to you. You can opt out of marketing and reminder communications at any time by clicking unsubscribe.
We use your information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer the website;
- to maintain a database of our customers and registered users;
- to enable you to use the services available on the website;
- to process orders and supply you with products and services purchased via the website;
- to book you on an event or conurse;
- to collect payments from you;
- to contact you or send you information directly relating to your order, booking, or use of the website;
- to add you to relevant mailing lists and send you subscriptions, email notifications and/or newsletters which you have specifically requested;
- to send you marketing communications relating to Oxford Medical, for example about our events and services, which we think may be of interest to you or where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (but you can unsubscribe from these communications at any time by changing your subscription preferences in the email or in the My Account section of the website);
- to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website any products or services;
- to provide feedback to any of our business partners, agents, suppliers and sub-contractors; and
- to keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with our employees and any member of our group, (which includes any subsidiaries and holding companies, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006), for the purposes set in this policy. We do not share your information with any direct mail organisations or other third parties unconnected with the provision of our activities without first gaining your express permission.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, agents, suppliers and sub-contractors, for example a mailing house or a venue, for the performance of any contract for products or services which we enter into with you, or to allow you to participate in any competition or prize draw which you have entered.
- Our tutors, to enable them to take a register of attendees.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and/or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or the rights, property and safety of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We do not share your information with any direct mail organisations or other third parties unconnected with the provision of our activities without first gaining your express permission.
Where we store your information
The data that we collect from you are held on our secure server provided by Rackspace with the United Kingdom. We also store information about you, your bookings and purchases in a secure, cloud-based CRM database. To do this it may be necessary to transfer your data to, and store them at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Your data may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
How we protect your information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and industry-standard security features to prevent unauthorised access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password secure and confidential. All the information transmitted by you to our site is encrypted using trusted-source Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Software. We use a secure payment provider (PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.) to process all electronic payment transactions. We do our utmost to protect your personal data but the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission; any transmission is at your own risk.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to opt out of marketing communication by clicking unsubscribe in any reminder or marketing email. This will remove your details from all reminder, newsletter and marketing campaigns. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Oxford Medical Training Ltd, Thornhill House, 39 Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, and we may ask you to supply appropriate evidence of your identity.