Updated 19th April 2021
At Oxford Medical we remain committed to supporting your professional development while at the same time protecting the safety of our delegates, tutors and partners. As the pandemic situation improves and lockdown restrictions ease, we are responding by continuing to evolve the services we offer.
What training options are Oxford Medical providing?
Going forward, we now offer three key training formats for you to choose from:
- Virtual Training Room courses continue as normal with a large selection of dates to choose from.
- These courses provide you with an interactive group-learning experience facilitated by an appropriate tutor from our faculty.
- You participate on the course from the safety and comfort of your home or office via secure video conferencing software.
- Our Virtual Training Room courses provide you with an identical CPD accredited certificate as you would receive if you attended the same course at a physical location.
- Click here to see available dates for courses on interview preparation, communication, teaching, leadership and management skills.
- Online Courses: Our range of courses continues to expand.
- These modular courses enable you to learn whenever you want, wherever you want and at your own pace.
- Subjects now include interview preparation, communication, teaching, leadership and management skills.
- We also offer our online courses collated together in bundles which both save you money and broaden your learning experience.
- In-person courses at locations across the UK are now scheduled to restart with dates available from July at appropriate locations. We describe the safeguards we are taking with these courses in the next section
- Click here to find your course, check available dates and book your place.
We will regularly list additional dates for both Virtual Training Room and In-person courses over the coming weeks and months.
What safeguards have Oxford Medical put in place?
Courses where delegates attend together in a physical location will only take place in a format which is considered both safe and acceptable and within the latest guidelines published by the UK Government. These guidelines still have potential to change at short notice. So we have taken the following steps based on information currently available:
- We have increased the number of courses which are scheduled to run in our Virtual Training Room as these are unaffected by social distancing requirements.
- For courses at physical locations we have reduced maximum numbers and, on some occasions, changed to a larger venue.
- This increases likelihood that the course can proceed while still respecting any physical distancing rules between delegates which are applicable at that point.
- We will only revert to normal numbers if guidance makes it clear that this would be acceptable.
- As a contingency plan, if we are unable to effectively, safely and ethically deliver the course at the intended venue then we will change to a suitable local alternative or deliver the course in our Virtual Training Room on the same date.
- We always endeavour to give as much advance notice of changes in plans for running any courses as we can.
What if my course gets cancelled?
As mentioned above, our intention is to replace any course which we are unable to deliver at a physical venue with an equivalent version run in our Virtual Training Room. This interactive format provides a group-learning experience facilitated by a tutor via secure video conferencing software. We cover the same subject matter and the course has the same accreditation. You would therefore receive a CPD certificate of attendance which is identical to the one awarded for a course taking place in London, Birmingham, Manchester or any other city. This has proven to be a well-received solution by the majority of doctors whose arrangements have been changed in this way.
If, for any reason, you believe this is not a viable substitution for you then you will be advised of your options which will range from transfer to a date later in the year, partial refund with access to a relevant online course through to full refund.
We have been able to continue delivering excellent standards of service throughout the lockdown period. This has included providing appropriate solutions for doctors whenever plans have had to change. Read our unedited reviews on TrustPilot.
When will you update your advice?
We will continue to update the information on this statement page as and when there is any change in the advice issued by the UK Government. This will include our safe-guarding measures which will be put in place whenever we are able to resume in-person courses.
Stephen McGuire – Managing Director