Updated 30th October 2020
The current coronavirus pandemic has affected numerous aspects of life in the UK. For many doctors, this has meant significantly increased workload. For some, it has meant disruption to training programmes, cancellation of exams and interviews, or redeployment to an unfamiliar role. As the situation continues to change, many interviews, meetings and reviews are being conducted via online video conferencing. The GMC and AoMRC have also said they are determined to ensure the longer term needs of doctors in training are not compromised. New or demanding situations mean proactive skills development is as important now as ever.
At Oxford Medical we remain committed to supporting your professional development while at the same time protecting the safety of our delegates, tutors and partners.
What training options are Oxford Medical providing?
With the resurgence in prevalence of the virus the government has updated its guidance. In response, we are focusing on providing you with two key training formats to choose from:
- Virtual Training Room courses continue as normal with a large selection of dates to choose from.
- These courses provide you with an interactive group-learning experience facilitated by an appropriate tutor from our faculty.
- You participate on the course from the safety and comfort of your home or office via secure video conferencing software.
- Our Virtual Training Room provide you with an identical CPD accredited certificate as you would receive if you attended the same course at a physical location.
- Click here to see available dates for courses on interview preparation, communication, teaching, leadership and management skills.
- Online Courses: Availability of our full range of CPD accredited online courses continues as normal.
- These modular courses enable you to learn whenever you want, wherever you want and at your own pace.
- Subjects now include interview preparation, communication, teaching, leadership and management skills.
- We also offer our online courses collated together in bundles which both save you money and broaden your learning experience.
We had resumed running in-person courses where it was safe to do so at appropriate locations. However these have been put on hold again for the time being. All courses which we normally provide in-person are available via the safety and comfort and convenience of the Virtual Training Room format which provide you with an identical CPD certificate. Click here to find your course, check available dates and book your place.
We have been able to continue delivering excellent standards of service throughout the lockdown period. This has included providing appropriate solutions for doctors whenever plans have had to change. Read our unedited reviews on TrustPilot.
When will you update your advice?
We will continue to update the information on this statement page as and when there is any change in the advice issued by the UK Government. This will include our safe-guarding measures which will be put in place whenever we are able to resume in-person courses.
Stephen McGuire – Managing Director